Is cellulite preventable?


Q: What is cellulite? Is it preventable, or is it all in the genes like stretch marks? I've just noticed maybe a tiny weeny bit of what I think MAY be cellulite, on my thigh. I'm not sure though, I'm 18 and I've never really understood what it is. Is there anything I can do to prevent more forming?
A: Here's an article that explains what exactly cellulite is:
It's easiest to explain if you compare cellulite to fat.
> Regular fat provides protection to the organs and muscles, and insulates the body. Cellulite has no positive use.

> Regular fat, when squeezed, is smooth in texture. Cellulite appears to have ridges, lumps and irregularities, when squeezed.

> Regular fat could occur anywhere on the body. Cellulite appears only in some parts of the body such as the thighs, arms, buttocks and breasts.

> Regular fat can be accessed by the body as an energy source, while cellulite cannot be used as an energy source.

Also, the causes of cellulite are:
  • poor nutrition
  • physical inactivity
  • genetics
  • stress
  • bad circulation
  • hormones
Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

1 comment:

  1. I've tried numerous different methods to get rid of cellulite. Most of them very costly... I finally had success with targeted exercises. It's not as easy as some of the other methods available, but it worked and it wasn't difficult by any definition.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...